The Building Division started the fiscal year with all guns blazing. According to the City Manager's Weekly Report, in the first month of the fiscal year, permits were issued for:
- Tenant improvements for a new PetSmart store at the former Circuit City site on W. Huntington Drive,
- Expansion of a pharmacy waiting room located inside Vons Pavilion on the 100 block of West Foothill Boulevard
- A remodel for a new dental office on the 400 block of West Huntington Drive, and
- Several permits for single-family additions and remodels have been issued.
Moving forward, the Building Division anticipates issuing permits for:
- The new construction of the Santa Teresita assisted living project ($2.2 million) in the 1200 block of Royal Oaks Drive
- Nine new townhomes ($1.5 million) on the 700 block of West Duarte Road, and
- A new Chase Bank ($1 million) on the 600 block of West Huntington Drive.
|The former Spires' building was demolished, and now |
construction crews are paving the way for a future Chase
Bank on W. Huntington Drive.