Thanks to all who stopped by the Redevelopment/Economic Development (R/ED) Team booth on Friday at the Business Showcase, where nearly 30 businesses participated.
Photo from MCC FacebookHundreds stopped by the nearly 30
exhibits at the Business Showcase.
During the showcase, we highlighted upcoming projects, passed out information on the Monrovia Redevelopment Agency, and took a survey of the types of businesses you would like to see in town. The categories were previously selected based on what we've heard from the community on the types of businesses they would like to see in Monrovia.
Of the 24 people who took the survey, here's what they said they wanted:
- One person said they want a wine shop
- Five people asked for a bookstore
- Two people voted for a beauty and makeup store, specifically Bath and Body Works
- One person voted for a Dicks Sporting Goods
- One person voted for a Gamestop
- One person voted for Urban Outfitters
- Three people voted for a house ware store, such as Crate and Barrel or Williams-Sonoma.
And five people wrote in their own responses, which included a high end Seafood Restaurant, more mom and pop stores, a travel agency and a bowling alley or roller rink. We took the same survey on Aug. 20 at the Walnut Avenue block party - and a bookstore was the top vote getter, too.
Now what, you're wondering? The R/ED Team will continue to reach out to these businesses in hopes that they want to be here as much as we want them here. Have an idea of your own? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.